Модератор: SStown

Ответить
mvkozyrev
Подпоручик
Подпоручик
Страна: США
Контактная информация:

Сообщение mvkozyrev » .

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) internet regulations commonly referred to as "net neutrality." Understanding your views helps me better represent Florida in the United States Senate, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Since its inception, the internet has flourished with minimal government involvement and has revolutionized our ability to communicate and conduct commerce. It provides businesses with the ability to compete in the global marketplace and is an engine of economic growth. Continued development of the internet and modern telecommunications, free of excessive and overly burdensome government regulations, is key to American innovation.

On February 26, 2015, the FCC voted 3-2 to reclassify broadband as a telecommunications utility under Title II of the Communications Act. The 332-page regulation was called 'net neutrality,' referencing the concept of preventing internet service providers (ISPs) from creating 'fast lanes' and 'slow lanes' for different content. This regulation effectively transferred power from ISPs to the federal government, and threatened to overregulate the Internet in a way that would make it more expensive for consumers, less innovative and less competitive. 

On April 26, 2017, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) to roll back the 2015 regulation. Chairman Pai is committed to an open and transparent process. As he explained, 'two years ago, the FCC hid the Title II Order from the American people until after it had been adopted. Only certain special interest groups were given special access able to make major changes to it. The FCC had to pass the 313-page Order before the public was allowed to see what was in it. The process over the coming months will be open and transparent with a nearly three month open comment period. You may agree or disagree with the proposal, but you'll be able to see exactly what it is.' On May 18, 2017 the FCC voted to make the NPRM official. The comment period ended on August 30th, and the commission is expect to vote and issue a final decision on the rule. 

I believe modernizing the 1996 Communications Act should be a top priority for Congress, and would clarify the FCC's role in the modern communications landscape. Congress must create level regulatory playing field that protects consumers and encourages innovation.  

It is an honor and a privilege to serve you as your United States Senator. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I consider these issues and continue working to ensure America remains a safe and prosperous nation.

Sincerely,
Marco Rubio
United States Senator 
Очень остроумная подпись под сообщениями.
Foxbat
Фельдмаршал
Фельдмаршал

Сообщение Foxbat » .

Каково Ваше отношение к net neutrality?
mvkozyrev
Подпоручик
Подпоручик
Страна: США
Контактная информация:

Сообщение mvkozyrev » .

Изначально написано Foxbat:
Каково Ваше отношение к net neutrality?
Социалистическое. Поддерживал, поддерживаю и буду очень скучать.
Очень остроумная подпись под сообщениями.
Ответить

Вернуться в «Короткоствол без границ»